Take notice that the Council of the County of Stettler No. 6 will hold a Public Hearing to hear representation concerning the proposed bylaw:
BYLAW 1611-19 providing for the following amendments to the County of Stettler’s Land Use Bylaw 1443-10, as amended.
- Remove all references to Direct Control District as the Land Use District was replaced with other districts in a previous amendment to the Land Use Bylaw.
- Revise Section 8 definition of Recreational Vehicle – Park Model to reduce the maximum size to 55 m² (600 ft²) from 92m² (990 ft²) for consistency with the Canadian Standard Association (CSA) regulations.
- Revise Section 8 definition of a Recreational Facility – Indoor and Recreational Vehicle – Outdoor by removing the provision for “ancillary accommodations and other accessory building specifically for the use of patrons who are actively or passively engaging in the recreational activity”. A separate application for accommodations would be required.
- Revise Section 8 definition by incorporating the definition of “Building Height” with the definition of “Height” and further to delete “Height” from Section 8 (definitions) in order to eliminate the duplication.
- Revisions/deletions to Section 16 (c) to clarify when a development is deemed approved and a permit is not required for an “Agricultural Operation” to include that the parcel of land must be larger than ten acres and is not part of or within one half mile of a multi-lot subdivision or hamlet. In order to address agricultural operations in the vicinity of residential areas.
- Remove Section 16 (g) “the placement of a manufactured home within an approved manufactured home park”
- Remove Section 16 (w) “subject to Section 60.17, excavation and construction site preparation (ie land clearing, survey cut lines, topsoil stripping and site grading) that is part of a development for which a Development Permit has been issued or this is part of a multi-lot subdivision development for which a Subdivision Approval has been issued. “ In order to ensure the phasing of development is done in conjunction with the development permit stipulations.
- Insert Revised Section 33.1 (c) to provide for Section 685 (2) of the Municipal Government Act regarding an applicant’s right to appeal the refusal of a development permit application as an incomplete application.
- Revise Section 43.10 (a) to increase the maximum ground floor area from 1200 ft²(111.5m²) to 1, 500 ft² (139.35 m²) and (b) increase the maximum floor area from 2,400 ft² (223 ft²) to 3,000 ft²(278 m²) in order to address requests for larger size ancillary buildings.
- Revise Section 57.1 by adding “debris from demolished structure (s) shall be disposed at a licensed land fill site. In order to ensure demolished structures are disposed of in a safe and efficient manner.
- Remove Section 68.1 (a) (ii) & (iii) number of dwellings units on a parcel of land which provides for more than one dwelling unit on a parcel of land except where “the additional dwelling unit is a Manufactured Home, a Recreational Vehicle, Recreational Vehicle – Park Mode Recreational Unit and or a cabin forming part of a Manufactured Home Park, a Recreational Vehicle Park, a Campground or a Work Camp and is located in a lad use district which includes a Manufactured Home Park, a Recreational Vehicle Park, a Campground or a work Camp as a permitted or discretionary use.“
- Revise Section 68.2 ( c ) by removing the requirement that “farming is the principal use of the parcel of land” in order to provide for a third or additional Detached Dwelling on a parcel of land contains at least 80 acres “ as a discretionary use. In order to provide for additional dwelling units for other purposes not related to a farming operation.
Remove Retain Section 75.2 regarding the number of Recreational Vehicles that may be used for twenty one days and the requirement of obtaining a tag for additional units. This requirement has not been enforced and would require full time surveillance during the summer season.
- Revise all sections of the bylaw which reference Buffalo View Estates as the name of the subdivision has been revised to Rochon Sands Heights.
- Remove Section 76.3 (c) regarding the minimum site area of 0.4 ha (1.0 acres) for a Recreational Vehicle Park or Campground.
- Remove Section 82.2 regarding the use of a Detached Dwelling or a Manufactured Home as a security/operator dwelling unit. In order to accommodate these types of units on specific sites.
- Remove Section 82.4 regarding the floor area of a security/operator dwelling unit shall not exceed 46.5 m² (500 ft²). In order to provide for larger dwelling units as needed.
- Remove Section 83.2 which stipulates that a 25% maximum variance authority stipulated in Section 23.4 of this Land Use Bylaw does not apply to discretionary use signs. In order to enable discretion in specific situations.
- Revise Section 83.3 to include “that the landowner has given written consent” prior to signage may be placed land or affixed to the exterior surface of a building or structure without Application for a Development Permit
- Revise Section 83.6 Signs shall not be illuminated by adding “(provide details ie. impact traffic safety) provisions to allow illumination in specific circumstances.” In order to address site specific situations.
- Revise all Land Use Districts Public or Private Road and Utility, except windmill and stand-alone solar panel by adding “in or adjacent to a hamlet or multi-lot subdivision.” As a permitted and discretionary use.
- Revise Section 95.3 by adding Value Added Agricultural Operation as a discretionary use in the Country Residence Agricultural (CR-A) District.
- Remove Section 95.6 which states that any development standard or additional regulation may be increased by the Development Authority as a condition of development permit approval, pursuant to Section 24.2. In order to eliminate the duplication.
- Revise Section 107. 2 Recreational Facility District by removing Recreational Facility-Indoor and Recreational Facility – Outdoor from a permitted uses and adding Recreational Facility-Indoor and Recreational Facility – Outdoor to Section 107.3 as a discretionary use. In order to provide any affected parties the opportunity to appeal the Development Authority’s decision on an application.
- Revise Section 108.15 (c) (ii) to delete an expired clause of the bylaw and provide for the use of Recreational Vehicles exclusively on Lots 39 and 59 Block 1 Plan 8222364 and Lots 11 and 14 Block 3 Plan 8222364 for a period exceeding 21 days (3 years) within the Scenic Sands subdivision.
removing retaining Section 110 Resort Residential – Recreational District (RR-REC) as the district is specific to a development proposed for the NE 36-39-20W4M (Pheasant back Estates Area Structure Plan).
The bylaw may be reviewed at the County Administration Building located at 6602 – 44 Avenue, Stettler, Alberta during regular office hours, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The Public Hearing to hear representation concerning Bylaw 1611-19 is scheduled to be held Wednesday June 12, 2019 at 1 P.M, or as soon thereafter as possible, in the Council Chambers at the County Administration Building located at 6602 – 44 Avenue, Stettler, Alberta.
Any person wishing to comment on the proposed bylaw may do so in writing to the Planning and Development Officer, County of Stettler No. 6, Box 1270 Stettler, Alberta, T0C 2L0, or by email to email@example.com prior to June 11, 2019 or make representation at the Public Hearing.
Following the Public Hearing, Council may proceed with second and third reading to approve the bylaw.
Should you require additional information, please contact the Planning and Development Officer at (403) 742-4441.
Dated: May 24, 2019