- Public Works
- Lane Grading and Snowplowing
Lane Grading and Snowplowing
The County of Stettler No. 6 provides snowplowing of laneways on private property that provide access to a permanent residence, only if the laneway is suitable for plowing. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide grading or snowplowing services to driveways on private property situated in Hamlets or for multi-lot subdivision. Likewise, it is not possible for the County to conduct grading or snowplowing for bins, haystacks or corrals.
The County of Stettler currently has several hundred residences signed up annually for laneway snowplow removal.
Prior to the commencement of work, the following must be completed:
- A “Hold Harmless” Agreement must be signed by the landowner and a $100 Administration Fee due annually to participate in this program. There is no fee for the snowplowing itself.
- A “Flag” will be issued to the resident when the completed form is returned and the driveway has been inspected for safety and access by Public Works staff. The flag will be displayed where visible to the grader operator.
- If you are renting the property, both the landowner and the renter must sign Hold Harmless Agreements.
- Applications are due September 30 every year. Late applications (after September 30) will be accepted, however there may be a delay in service due to the inspection requirement, or a service refusal if the laneway is snow covered and not able to be properly inspected.
Grading of laneways will be charged at a rate of $50 per quarter mile, per laneway, per occurrence.
Services Not Allowed
Grading or snowplowing to bins, haystacks, or corrals is not allowed. Any patrol operator found guilty of providing this service will be subject to suspension or termination.
The County of Stettler No. 6 will not provide grading services or snowplowing services of driveways on private property situated in Hamlets or for multi-lot subdivisions.
For more information, please contact