- Reeve Larry Clarke, Botha-Gadsby
- Deputy Reeve Ernie Gendre, Stettler
- Dave Grover, Big Valley
- Paul McKay, Donalda-Red Willow
- James Nibourg, Erskine South-Warden
- Justin Stevens, Erskine-Buffalo Lake
- Les Stulberg, Byemoor-Endiang
The County of Stettler passed a motion in October 2012 to make publicly available the expense reports for all elected officials. This was in efforts to increase Council’s transparency. These monthly expense reports for each of the seven County of Stettler Councillors will be published online as they are approved by Council.
Information on Expense Sheets
As you are inspecting the expense reports, please keep in mind the following: there is a specific set of rules for Councillors to follow.
- There is an additional payment made to a Councillor who is serving in the role of Reeve or Deputy Reeve. This assists with the extra time these roles must dedicate to County activities. These activities include signing letters, correspondence, attending events to bring greetings, giving speeches on the County’s behalf and meetings with Administration on various County matters.
- Councillors get a $750/month payment for preparation and coverage of time that is not logged. Whether this is spent communicating with ratepayers, travelling their ward, preparing reports and any preparation for meetings.
- All other expenses are paid on a per event basis. If a Councillor attended an event or meeting, as approved by Council, they get paid a day rate (based on full or partial days) as well as mileage. Meals are only covered if not provided by the meeting or event staff. For the most part, these events include any Council meetings, committee meetings and meetings with regional or local partners in government.
If you need any clarification about the contents of or any accountability, please do not hesitate to contact your ward Councillor or Chief Administrative Officer.