Expense Reports

Image Unavailable

Ward 1: Byemoor-Endiang (Councillor Les Stulberg)

Ward 2: Big Valley (Councillor Dave Grover)

Ward 3: Botha-Gadsby (Reeve Larry Clarke)

Ward 4: Erskine South-Warden (Councillor James Nibourg)

Ward 5: Stettler (Councillor Ernie Gendre)

Ward 6: Erskine-Buffalo Lake (Councillor Justin Stevens)

Ward 7: Donalda-Red Willow (Councillor Paul McKay)

The County of Stettler passed a motion in October 2012 to make the expense reports (fee sheets) publicly available for all elected officials. These monthly expense reports for each of the seven County of Stettler Councillors will be published online after they are approved by Council during the Regular monthly Council Meetings.

Information on Councillor Fee Sheets

Before looking at the Councillor Fee Sheets, take a moment to review Policy CN 1.1 – Council Renumeration, this policy provides guidelines for our elected officials as they fill out their expense sheets. This includes the following:

  1. All Councillors get a $800/month payment for coverage of time that are not logged. This includes preparation for meetings (writing reports, reviewing packages, etc.), travelling around their ward, or communications with County ratepayers.
  2. There is an additional monthly payment made to the Councillors who are serving as Reeve or Deputy Reeve. This helps to cover the extra time commitments they dedicate to County activities (signing letters, meetings with Administration on various County matters, other correspondence).
  3. All other expenses are paid on a per event basis. If a Councillor attended an event or meeting, as approved by Council, they get paid a day rate (based on full or partial days) as well as mileage. Meals are only covered if not provided by the meeting or event staff. For the most part, these events include any Council meetings, committee meetings and meetings with regional, provincial, or local partners in government.

If you have any questions, or require further clarification about Councillor Fee Sheets, contact your Ward Councillor or County Administration.