- You are here:
- Feature Links
- Docking and Mooring at Buffalo Lake - Applications and Information
Docking and Mooring at Buffalo Lake - Applications and Information
- Apply for an Alberta Environment Client ID - we recommend you do this right away! (you will need to receive this ID number in order to complete Alberta Environment's DOCK TFA Application below).
- Read the Docking and Mooring Standards Fact Sheet
- Read the Docking and Mooring Disturbance Standards
- Fill out your County of Stettler 2022 Docking and Mooring Application and submit this application to the County of Stettler for approval
- After you receive an approval letter from the County of Stettler Planning Services Department, attach your County of Stettler approval to your Alberta Environment DOCK TFA APPLICATION FORM and submit this to Alberta Environment
- Alberta Environment will review and then provide you with a permit allowing Docking and Mooring in Buffalo Lake @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The County of Stettler has respectfully requested Alberta Environment remove us from this responsibility of providing you with an approval prior to you seeking their approval, however due to the unique nature of how Buffalo Lake lands are zoned, Alberta Environment currently requires us to be involved.
The County of Stettler will continue to lobby to have this anomaly at Buffalo Lake corrected, removing us from the responsibility of approving these applications prior to Alberta Environment receiving them. We are the only lake in Alberta that requires the municipality to be involved in the permitting process.