Agricultural Services

Tankloader Stations

There are three Agricultural Use Tankloader Stations within the County of Stettler. These Tankloader Stations are operational from April to October, annually, as weather allows. These stations do not have potable water and are free to use.

The three tankloader stations are located at the following land locations:

  • SW 36-38-22
  • NE 31-34-20
  • NE 32-34-16

Pest Control

Agriculture is the backbone of our County, and as such, controlling pests (both animal and plant) that hinder the production of agricultural products is a priority for the Agricultural Services Department. 

  • Common Animal Pests
  • Richardson Ground Squirrels
  • Coyotes
  • Beavers
  • Norway Rats

We appreciate the public concern with these destructive pests and encourage any pest sightings to be reported to our Agricultural Services Department. We have tips and control options including chemicals, equipment as well as magpie and skunk traps for ratepayers to use. Contact us for more details.

Note: Due to regulation changes, the County of Stettler no longer has Strychnine products available for sale.

Control of Noxious Weeds  

In order to control noxious weeds, brushing and targeted species; the County of Stettler maintains a roadside spraying program along roadside ditches. 

All weeds on the restricted and noxious lists are important to take care of and our staff is available to assist staff with control options. 

Our roadside spraying program begins in June, annually. The herbicides used are determined by weather, targeted weeds and surrounding vegetation. In some cases, other mechanical controls such as, handpicking may be used.

For information about the 2023 Vegetation Control Plan, click here.

Sign Up for 'No Spraying'

The County of Stettler begins the annual roadside spraying between May and October. This program sprays undesirable vegetation within the County rights-of-way, in order to control the spread of weeds, prevent large trees and brush from impacting the road’s integrity.

If you do not want the rights-of-way adjacent to your property sprayed, contact the Department of Agricultural  Services to fill out a No Spray Form prior to May 1, annually.