The County of Stettler lives the rural lifestyle; enjoying picturesque landscapes, close-knit communities, and offering plenty of space for your family to grow. Whether you’re living on an acreage, in one of our hamlets, or on a family farm – you're a part of the County of Stettler and enjoying the rural lifestyle.
Living rural also means having different access to services and amenities, requiring residents to become more self-sufficient. The County of Stettler assists residents by providing access to services and programs, some examples include:
- Partnering with other regional partners to form the Stettler Waste Management Authority (SWMA) to provide access to garbage and recycling facilities closer to home.
- Maintaining and expanding rural water access throughout the County.
- Lobbying the provincial and federal governments to better cellular and internet connectivity in rural communities.
- Providing upkeep to roadways and other infrastructure within County boundaries.
- Assisting, both through funding and promotion, of recreation boards, programming and facilities.
- January 3, 2023: Photo Contest 2022 Winners Announced
- January 11, 2023: Community Investment Project
- June 14, 2023: County of Stettler Declares Agricultural Disaster
- June 29, 2023: Town and County Continue to Partner in Fire Service